Top Ten Coolest Security Guard Movies
For as long as we can remember, films that feature bumbling, hapless or larger-than-life security guards, or protective dynamic duos, have been a fun, important part of cinematic history. Here is a list of classic bodyguard movies, or movies with super-strength security stars that we simply can’t forget.
1. Armed and Dangerous: John Candy and Eugene Levy team up and make cinematic history in this brilliant buddy comedy; the bumbling duo play a recently fired cop and amoral lawyer who suit up as security guards, only to find that they’ve unwittingly become members of a corrupt company.
2. The Bodyguard: Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston sizzle on the big screen as a former Secret Service agent acting as bodyguard to a mainstream pop singer. The film’s epic soundtrack continues to be one of the best-selling albums of all time.
3. National Security: Martin Lawrence and Steve Zahn as Earl and Hank, respectively; two guards from different walks of life that have one thing in common: the security company they work for. Their history of hating each other stems from Earl’s key role in Hank’s dismissal from the police force. This odd couple doesn’t disappoint in the laughs department.
4. Observe & Report: This dark comedy features Seth Rogen as Ronnie Barnhardt, a depressed, on-the-brink guard who is head of the security department at Forest Ridge Mall. When he fails to get into the police force and is belittled by the officer taking over his operations, he embarks on a dual mission of madness: to prove himself and catch the elusive mall flasher, Ronnie’s arch enemy and ultimate target.
5. In the Line of Fire: Clint Eastwood as Frank Horrigan, a Secret Service agent to the President. Frank famously dropped the ball when it came to saving President Kennedy, but did put himself on the front lines to take out a crafty assassin who is targeting his current client.
6. Paul Blart:Mall Cop: Kevin James holds it down as Paul Blart, who dreams of being an officer for the New Jersey State Police. However, his ample size doesn’t help his chances of being a powerhouse cop, so he has to make do with being a security guard at his local mall. Heartwarming and hilarious, this is a great film for the whole family.
7. The Pacifier: Vin Diesel as tough guy Shane Wolfe, a disgraced US Navy SEAL assigned to work as a bodyguard protecting five rebellious kids. He may soon be the one needing protecting, as he learns the hard way that nannying is no joke.
8. Night at The Museum: Larry Daley is a night guard at New York’s American Museum of Natural History in. Upon beginning his shift, he’s instructed not to let anything “in or out.” He soon comes to realize the significance of this creepy warning: The Museum comes to life at night, kicking off a bone-tingling phenomenon that delighted movie-goers of all ages.
9. Guarding Tess: Nicholas Cage as Doug Chesnic, a Secret Service agent protecting Jessica Tandy’s Tess Carlisle, the widow of a former US President. Though he holds great pride in his prestigious job, the fiesty First Lady tests his limits by treating him like a lowly servant. Have your hankie ready for this endearing tear-jerker.
10. Terminator 2: Judgment Day: Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as the ultimate larger-than-life robo-guard, a well-muscled force from the future on a mission to protect teenager John Connor. Nothing says big-screen fun like another deadly Terminator!